- The patient ultimately is responsible for all charges associated with their dental care regardless of insurance coverage. We try to make your dental care as cost efficient as possible.
- We ask for payment at the time of service. Financial arrangements must be established before our office can proceed with any recommended treatment.
- All patients who are seen in our office for a comprehensive exam are provided with a treatment plan. This is an ESTIMATE of the anticipated cost of your dental treatment. It will include an ESTIMATED insurance payment based on your plan’s coverage. If your carrier’s payment differs from our estimate, you are responsible for the balance. Any claims over 90 days become your responsibility and you will receive a Statement of Services. The balance is due and payable by the 25th of the month. In case of an overpayment, you are entitled to a prompt refund.
- If no dental insurance, we offer 5% cash or check courtesy at the time of service. We accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, Care Credit, personal checks and cash as forms of payment.
- If you have any questions regarding your account or are experiencing circumstances beyond your control, please contact us. Our practice firmly believes that a good doctor/patient relationship is based upon a clear understanding of office policies and an open line of communication. We make every effort to clarify any possible disagreements over payment for professional services.
- Please be advised that in the case of your account becoming delinquent, we do utilize the services of an outside collection agency.